Monday, August 27, 2012

A Prayer Supporters Journey - Guest Post

The journey to start this project has had it's ups and downs. One of the things that has helped keep me moving when things get discouraging is the team of people that regularly pray for me. Sarah Chambers has been one of the most faithful in supporting and encouraging me along this journey.  She has walked along with me and shared in many of the joys and disappointments.  Here are some of her thoughts on this journey: 



You've heard it said, "A picture is worth a thousand words." When you watch a movie and then you read the book that inspired that movie, you know it's true. Drew has understood this for many years and had the vision to partner with missionaries to share their stories. To help them create what they don't know how to, pictures to give them more words than they could give in a presentation. Drew's vision has grown and changed over the years (whose doesn't?), but being one of my oldest friends it's been a joy to be on this journey with him. 


I remember when Drew told me about this opportunity with World Venture. His face lit up and I could tell, not only was he excited, but God inspired this. To partner with Drew on this idea as it's gone from conception to reality has been a joy and what a ride it’s been! Not only has Drew come along side of me and prayed for where God had me serving, but my faith has grown as I’ve seen God provide for Drew. Then to watch the videos he’s created and see their impact. I have the chance to hear stories I would never otherwise hear, and to see what God [the creator of heaven and earth] is doing through His servants in Africa, though Drew, and in my own life.

When Drew told me that he was still at 57%, I was sad. I longed to see Drew released to serve, to do what he was created to do. So I began to pray fervently. I recounted God’s faithfulness that he showered on me only 2 months ago as I went on a short-term trip to Uganda. What seemed impossible was like pocket change to Him. I asked for the same blessing to be showered on Drew. Then, God did what only He can do. He made the impossible, possible. Drew was given the go ahead by World Venture to begin this amazing project!

To watch Drew’s faith grow during this process has encouraged me. To walk with him on this journey and to see his passion be used by God for God’s glory is inspiring… so if you're not a part of Drew's team, change that! Today. Drew's journey doesn't end when he arrives in Africa. Nor will it end when he comes home. His reach will far surpass him as the videos he creates touches lives around the world. Drew has told me many times that he doesn't feel this video project is his, but rather that the project is Gods and he simply has been asked to join into it. When you partner with Drew, you aren't just encouraging him, strengthening him, and being inspired by his work.  You are joining into God's project. We are all who we are because of the people who have invested in and partnered with us. Consider, "How will you partner with Drew and this God project?"

No comments:

Post a Comment